My dd is starting Kinder 2mrw...she is excited and I am nervous for her.

I don't know why I am nervous. Last year she was in Preschool for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, for a whole year. She is the only child at home so I am glad that she will be around other kids and make friends. She wears glasses and at Preschool the other kids would grab at her glasses thinking they were a toy and sometimes make fun of her. I know it is normal for young kids to have to learn about socializing and I can't shield her from getting hurt or whatever. I am a busy mom so I won't be at home just sitting around missing her, but I feel like it is my first day of school. Any other moms have this type of anxiety?

sylvia-ann

Asked by sylvia-ann at 12:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in

• TOTALLY NORMAL!!! YOU AND HER BOTH WILL BE OK!! BUT IT IS EXCITING JUST THE SAME!!!

Answer by older at 12:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my daughter is stating kindergarten too! Yes I am nervous for her as well! Are you a Christian? I think we should make a group for Christian moms with their kids in public schools!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would drive her to school ect the first few years
    prayers for us!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I remember when my oldest dd started Kindergarden... she laughed and ran off and I cried all the way home...and that was 22 yrs ago...lol...
    3 yrs ago I sent my gs off to Kindergarden and of course just like his aunt...ran off to play and I walked home crying...lol...
    I wonder sometimes if it's not harder on the parent than the child...lol...

You both will be fine... it is so normal to have these fears... I'll bet your dd will have a wonderful school yr...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009