My daughters poop looks like rabbit pellets. Is this normal? She's 1yr old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's only occasional, it's probably something in her diet.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No, that's not normal. She may be constipated. If they're hard then I'd give her some prune, apple, or pear juice
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Does she do this all the time, is it hard and maybe whitish colored. This might be something to tell her Dr about...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It's not all the time, just sometimes. She's so not constipated. She usually goes 3 times a day. Could it be from her diet? She eats yogurt and cheerios for breakfast every day, usually a sandwich of some sort and fruit for lunch and then with dinner she usually has what we have, grilled chicken, a veggie and a carb plus 3 bottles of milk and one of water throughout the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It sounds like she gets lots of carbs. I'd add in more fruits, veggies, and fiber :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son has constant issues with this. We have NO IDEA what to do. He's had stooling issues or lack of stooling problems since he was born. They can't seem to figure it out either. I have to assume its diet at this stage but we can't seem to narrow anything down so every week I have to give him mirelax. Poor baby!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• What carbs? She has fruit yogurt in the morning with some cheerios, usually like 10 or 15 to snack on. At lunch she has a sandwich, usually meat and cheese with whole grain bread and some fruit (cantaloupe, banana, strawberries) and at dinner grilled chicken, a veggie (broccoli, peas and carrots, asparagus, or green beans) and then whatever carb I have cooked, usually whole grain brown rice with beans. That is too many carbs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• sounds slightly constipated try and oz of prune juice diluted with water and await an explosion!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• But she poops at least 3 times a day. Here and there, there will rabbit poopy ones, but most are normal. I love the ones with chunks of peaches . . YUCK! At her one year appt, I told the dr her diet and she said it sounded great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Why are you arguing if everyone is saying that is not normal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009