How do you stop leaking?

My son is 2 1/2 and is potty trained almost 100%. The problem that we are having now is that he will pee just a little bit in his underwear. I call it leaking. It's like he release just enough that it makes him more aware that he has to go. He will then take himself to the potty like 75% of the time. I am really getting tired of washing underwear. It's to the point now that even when he doesn't leak he still goes and gets clean underwear cause he thinks he is supposed to. I have tried making him wear the wet ones if they aren't really bad to get him to stop but that hasn't worked.

kittykat1919

Asked by kittykat1919 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm tempted to say he's just beinga 2 year old and waiting until the last possible second to go potty because play is fun and potty is not. Remind him often to go potty and hopefully he'll get back into that mindset of going when he feels at rather than at the last minute.

My cousins little girl peed on her bike after she went inside to potty. I think she was afraid if she took too long her sister would take the bike so she went inside and either didn't pee or just peed a little. Kids are just so much more interested in playing that they will ignore their potty signs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Try having him sit or stand an extra min or two before pulling his pants up. Explain to him he has to do this because sometimes he may not be all done and has to wait a little to make sure there is no more pee that has to come out.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009