im two months pregnant an i have a set of twins already what are my chances of having twins again?

Asked by Mrs.Kling at 10:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh honey, for your sake I do hope they are small. Unless of course you want another set. This is a good question for your doctor.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• twins are a 1 in 250 chance so they arent very lucky of having another set of twins but if they run in the family it could be more likely.

Answer by supermom470 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I don't believe that the fact that you have twins necessarily affects the chance you'll have twins again. A lot of factors go into that.

Answer by Ryanswife06 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

YEs, your chances are higher... Check out this link.

Answer by ANGELIKDEMENTIA at 11:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Are your first set fraternal or identical? You chances are increased since you have previously had twins before, more so if the first set was fraternal. Your chances go from something like 1 in 250 (3%chance) to about 1 in 12.

Answer by misty1_sd at 6:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• If you produced one set, it means your body can drop two eggs. If your twins are identical then it is my understanding that is more a fluke. However, it seems like at two months your doctor should be able to tell by ultrasound, heart beat and blood work.

Answer by bumpfashion at 4:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2008