need help asap may be tmi....what should i do should i go to the hospital

i got my period yesterday and i am bleeding way too much i have almost blown through an entire box of the super plus tampons since last night (about 12 hours ago) i am not usually a heavy bleeder but this time it seems worse than ever i am cramping reallly bad and i ususally dont cramp at all..and every time i have changed tampons i have had to change my pants along with it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• Yes go and get checked out. Maybe u can get a same day appt. for emergency with ur doc.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'd be more libel to call my gyn for a same day appt than to sit in the ER. Avg waiting time in ERs for non-criticals tends to be around 3-4hrs. Good luck!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Uh you need to go to the ER immediately. It sounds like you are hemorghing and it needs to be stopped. Did you just have a baby?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you are bleeding like that they will get you in ASAP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i had a baby in jan. but i am also clotting...bad they are big clots
    Anonymous

• go asap.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Look I have had problems with hemorrhaging and have almost died from it. It sounds like you are hemorrhaging and need to get in NOW. If you keep waiting you could pass out. seriously go now I'm not trying to scare you but after going through that myself and almost dieing twice you need to go to the ER, they will call your doctor for you and they will not make you wait. I waited way to late last time and started seeing double and blurred vision on the hwy with my baby in the car and had to call 911 because I had lost to much blood. By the time they got there I was passed out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you can get in with your OB ASAP then do that. Otherwise, go to ER. As others have said, you could be hermoraging. Or it's possible you are miscarraging and not even know. Or any number of other things. But that much blood is NOT a good sign.
    Anonymous

• Go to your doctor now, or to an urgent care clinic, or to the ER. Get help right away.

When you get back, if you feel up to it, would you please post a follow up so we know how you are?

Answer by Bmat at 1:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yep, it's too much blood and sounds like hemorrhaging. Go to either your GYN or ER ASAP. Good luck!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009