Where do you get the flash cards that I can study with?

I have trouble remembering what I just read and picking out the main points. How do I know what the main points and the best way to take notes and what to write down?

Renee74

Asked by Renee74 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in

• Goto the glossary and index and try and get all main points from there then go into the chapter read it and write down things that u think u may forget
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• The first sentence in a paragraph introduces what is being talked about, the last sentence says the same thing the first sentence does in different words. The stuff in the middle are supporting details.
    If your reading a page, same concept applies, except it's first paragraph introduces what they're talking about and last paragraph sum's it up.
    Try using index cards or even just writing on a note book paper, most people will memorize the information just from taking it from the book, processing it through your brain and putting it on paper.
    LOL, I learned how to do this by trying to cheat on a test!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You can also take notes in the margin, with pencil, as you're reading.

Another great homework helper and search engine is https://safe.britannica.com/registration/freeTrial.do?partnerCode=EBOSE_FTHEADER_social
    EB4Parents

Answer by EB4Parents at 1:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Use the headings for each section as a guide. Turn the words in the heading into a questions and when you read focus on finding the answer to the question.

For example, if you were reading a chapter on ancient Egypt one of the heading may be Religion in Daily Life.  The question would be, "How did religion impact daily life in ancient Egypt?" 

When you take notes that way you are doing a great job of preparing for the test since you are basically predicting what most of the questions will be.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• ALso if there any questions or review points at the end of the chapter you can use those write them down on index cards and write their answers on the back. These questions usually cover the most important parts of the chapter!! good luck and hth
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 4:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• *note - the words in BOLD are usually KEY
    A lot of books have things at the end of the sections and/or chapters that state what you should know, tell the main points, or ask questions, whose answers ARE the main points
    I found index cards and taking notes on the side of the book worked best for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009