infected tooth?

Since friday the back of my mouth has been very sore and last night it was so bad i couldn't sleep. So i called my dentist but i have reloctaed and he is 3 hours away. He thought it sounded like an infection so he prescribed me an antibiotic. I've noticed that my gum feels soft and it feels gross when i run my tongue across it. My question is has anyone ever had this and is it infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• Might be infected. The antibiotic will definitely help! Toothaches are the worse! Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I've had something that sounds like that and it was a salivary gland blockage, that cured itself in a couple days. But there are so many things it could be. If it lasts very long you'll want to find a local dentist.

Answer by Bmat at 1:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Sounds like an infected tooth to me too. The antibiotics will start helping in a day or two.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 1:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Take the antibiotics and take ibuprofen to help the swelling. I have had abscesses on my gums before and its no fun. If you can see it see if it looks like a bubble ( which if it is it will be filled with puss) or a puss pocket. If it dose take the antibiotics for 24 hours than try to pop it but don't swallow the poison because it will relieve all the pressure. If you are able to pop it rinse your mouth with warm salt water several times. Good Luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009