DH giving DD baths?

So many times I've seen stuff like this posted. Isn't that the same scenario as me giving my DS a bath?

DH and I both pass out baths to our DS, and neither of us feel weird. However, since my DH was working out of town, I had to give DS a bath myself. Which never really crossed my mind of it being weird...

Same thing, if he was home all the time and we had a DD, he would bathe her, no questions asked...

I don't think it has anything to do with perversion or discomfort, baby has to be cleaned. Hineys too. And that's Mommy and Daddy's job, as is teaching baby to take care of him/her self.

So why is it such a big deal?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 1:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• idk.. some ppl are weird i guess
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I completely agree.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• it's not weird at all.

Answer by missanc at 1:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• So, the last question that was just posted on this subject (8 or so questions prior to this one) people were chiming in, "Oh, only until age 2." or "DH is uncomfortable..."

I don't understand why?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I don't see anything weird about it. It's parenting.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my dh don't want to wash our dd's "tootie" but she can do it herself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I also can't see why people would consider it inappropriate for a man to bathe his daughter. So what is a single father to do? Find a female friend willing to bathe his child?! THAT would be creepy! "Hi my daughter needs a bath, can you come over and do it?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree completely.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• lol anon 12:33.... my brother bathes his kids & his oldest dd is almost 5, middle daughter is 2 & a 5 month old boy, his wife is just lazy though
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree.

One of my guy friends told me that he felt wierd changing his DD's diaper since he has to touch her punanny...lol. I personally don't feel wierd changing/bathing my son. I carried him for 9 months is probably why I feel differently.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009