Why are all my TV shows getting cancelled??

I don't have cable so I have to watch everything online, and I don't know what shows are new that I will like. I had a list of shows that I used to keep up with, and somehow ironically, ALL of them but ONE have either been cancelled or are on an extreeeemely long hiatus!

Lost-- on a long hiatus
CSI-- well that's probably still showing, but sucks without Grissom, Sara, and Warrick
Kyle XY-- cancelled after a cliff-hanger finale *boo!*
Nip/Tuck-- on an extreeeeemely long break!! It's been about a year now, I think!!
Heroes--- did it get cancelled??
The Riche$-- cancelled before I even started watching it
and more but I can't remember...

The Secret Life of the American Teenager is the ONLY show I watch that's still going! Anybody know what's going on with those other shows? Or another show that I can start watching?

Mick86Sara

Asked by Mick86Sara at 1:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its a conspiracy ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Oh and House, but I think they're just on a break. A looong one, too....
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 1:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• why is lost on a long hiatus? I miss the office..when is it coming back?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Apr1l: I have no idea, but last I heard, it's coming back mid-2010. That's more than a year for a break! lol, I think it's because their finale brought a TON of twists in the storyline and they probably have to think really hard to figure out where to go from there.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 1:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I read a few months back that quite a few shows were going to be cancelled due to the cost the network were charging per each episode. I watch ghost whisperer on channel 2 and they said it might be on for one more season. but may have to cancel because it cost over I think 2 million per episode, another network may pick it up and some other show. That might be the reason for some of your shows being cancelled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Heroes is coming back for what I believe is its final season.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Those shows all suck so why spend the money on them?lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You obviously have bad taste.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I hope Heroes isn't getting canceled. Even at its worst, it's still better than that crap-fest that is the ghost-f*cking, shark-jumping Grey's Anatomy. And that will probably last another 5 years.
    All my shows get canceled too. I was VERY into Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I am still mourning that loss. My Name is Earl got canceled. I'm upset about that. I like Journeyman when it was on and they canceled that. That show with Christian Slater, I liked and it got canceled. I apparently only like shows that a few other people like also so they get canceled. I was fiercely devoted to Sarah Connor Chronicles though. <3 Yeah, I'm a nerd. TV is a hobby for me, apparently.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Blubuni99: No, I just read that Heroes is coming back for just one more season. Just one more?? :'( Yeah that sucks the crappy shows go on foreverrrr and when you REALLY like a show it's cancelled quicker than anything. Lol/
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 2:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009