I have a lump on my breast. I am only 30 years old, and have history of breast cancer in my family.

I do not always do monthly breast exams but I have a lump not in my breast but at the surface just under the skin right at the line of my nipple and the rest of the breast, It is rock hard, but doesn't hurt. It is a perfect round ball not misshapen, at first I thought it was one of those little nipple bumps but is not really that near to them. I want to get it checked but don't have insurance and wondering if I go to the county ER will they do anything about it or will they tell me to find a doctor (which I can not afford).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• Call your health department. They may be able to refer you to FREE exams. Also check out the Susan G Komen Foundation (komen.org). They can help you with free and low-cost services.

DO NOT WAIT! It could be your life.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It may just be a cyst. Make sure you go to the doctor. Early detection is less money than a masectomy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Hunny, I know times are hard and such but u need to go get help. Even if u have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars, which is very unlikely, u need to save ur life. Go to a clinic that is low cost near where u live, and they may say u need an appointment and just tell them u have a rock hard lump in ur breast, im sure theyll have a doc examine. and they may refer u to treatment that way and a doctor as well
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• hun go to the doctor they may be able to work with you on a payment plan. don't wait because if it is serious you need to know. don't wait.
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Do not wait. Get this looked at immediately.

Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009