I am looking for child care.

Does anyone have any good resources to finding after school child care. Thanks for the help! Or if anyone has a referral for someone in the Fonda Fultonville, NY district that would be great!

dietitianmom

Asked by dietitianmom at 2:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I used care.com. Expensive but you can run a background check for free on everyone (with the persons permission) Also I found a few really great people (Tho I did have a 58 yr old man apply, no experiance, was not a father, and his "cover letter" was "R U still looking for someone?" LOL but other then that everyone I came across seemed to be very professional and like I said I found someone great.....
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 2:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you're looking for maybe a local SAHM to watch your kids, you can check on Craigslist.org, they have a child care section
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Hi, this is Stacy. I’m a member of Care.com’s Mom Force—a team of work-at-home moms that helps with safety and customer service. I may be biased but as a mom I think Care.com is an amazing resource for finding care providers. The site offers free background checks, uses the Mom Force to review all care providers and job posts before we post them online, and gives you access to recorded references and reviews to help you decide who to hire. They also have exclusive members-only features like Care-on-Call (for last-minute care), Care Exchange (to meet families who want to exchange babysitting and pet sitting services). Plus an amazing selection so you’ll be able to find a match that’s right for you and your family. Good Luck in your search.
    SSCleve

Answer by SSCleve at 10:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2010