• In the Spotlight:

Disney Q

DH and I are both curious on peoples opinions and suggestions on the ideal kids ages for Disney World. Meaning, assume for financial reasons you can only take them once their whole childhood. What is the perfect age when they'd enjoy it and remember all the memories, etc

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Travel

• I would say 8 to 10. Its kinda hard because while some children in the same family are too little to enjoy the experiance others are too old. We are kinda in that phase with our girls being 5 years apart.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• sounds about right to me!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• The last time I went with my family, I was 16 and my brothers were 5 and 7 and we all had a great time.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think 8 is the perfect age! However, don't look at it like you'll only be able to take your kids once. You'd be surprised just how affordable a Disney vacation can be. It's really what you make it. Things like staying off property, not getting the park hopper option on your park tickets, and not eating every meal at the parks or resorts can give you many affordable options for meals as well. Sharing vacation homes with other family members or another family can cut your rooming cost in half.

However, if you want to go all out then save and make sure you do it up. If it truly will be a once in a lifetime experience for your family then do the deluxe Disney resort, add the dinning plan and get at least a 7day park hopper with water park option. Do the Pirate Experience for boys and Bippity Bopidy Boo Experience for girls. Any questions please message me, the best part of a Disney vaca is all of the planning!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009