Help Almost 4yrold in Major Regression.

Ok I know with changes in the house comes regression I have 5 kids. But this is more than I can handle. He was almost completely potty trained (only having accidents at night), and Binky Free ready to be a big boy and wanted to go to school. Now i have a binky stealing, pees on everything, 'I wanna be a baby' Son who will be 4 in Sept. Help me I cant deal with all this on top of my other kids who are 8,6,2, and 11 weeks. I am really at the end of my ever tightening, shortening rope.

LeopardessMaOf5

Asked by LeopardessMaOf5 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wish I could be of more help but I think the best thing in this case is just to say that "this too will pass". My son has been off and on regressing (he turns four in November) since his baby brother was born this past December and it still is pretty bad sometimes. I don't think it helps that this age they are constantly testing us and very defiant either. Sometimes I think I have the snottiest child in the world, then I see someone else with a three year old and know that I'm not alone. I would try just ignoring the bad behavior since it's probably just a cry for attention. If it gets beyond tolerable, I put my son in his bedroom and tell him he can come out when he wants to be good and act like a big boy. It may take some repetition of doing this but eventually he comes around and starts behaving. Hope this gives you some comfort if nothing else.
    ashers_mommy_

Answer by ashers_mommy_ at 1:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2009