so im 17,pregnant with twins,my parents kicked me out,its been sooooo long since ive talked to them...should i try to contact them now?

jianelle214

Asked by jianelle214 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES, SHOW THEM YOU ARE FORGIVING EVEN IF THEY WERE NOT.

Answer by older at 2:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• wait until the babies are born
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would try to work things out with them. This is a tough time for you and them also..but you need them and their support
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you already aren't talking to them, what's the worst that can happen from you trying to contact them now? I say it wouldn't hurt to try, I imagine you can use all the support right now you can get.
    Anonymous

• i myself wouldnt. but if u want to, try to. it wont hurt. my mom was unhappy about my being pregnant this time, but came around in a day or two. she is your mother and should love you whatever happens!!! you can try to call her and talk to her if you want. keep it at that for now. you dont want to rush back into their lives and get hurt again if you dont have to
    K.a.C.87

Answer by K.a.C.87 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• pregnant belly

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I say u try how are u going to feel when ur kids dont have grandparent because you and your parents couldnt be grown ups and talk about everything. Im sure ur mom still loves u and is worried but u need to be the responsible one and try talking it out if it dont work im sorry that ur mom would give up seeing two cute little grand babies
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think it is probably a good idea to try to contact them if you think they may have cooled down some. If you think they will still be very angry, then maybe wait. It really depends a lot on what all happened to bring you to this point and how forgiving everyone involved will be. If you think you will have better luck with one of them then go to that parent first. If you think you need to apologize for something then do it. If you think they need to apologize to you, then don't expect it or hold it against them - they will come to it in their own time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. Just don't get your hopes up that they have come around already. I am 21 and pregnant and my dad didn't talk to me for 3 months. Luckily I was away at school so I didn't get kicked out of my house but sometimes it takes parents time to deal with these sorts of things. I'm sure they had big hopes and dreams for you and are just feeling let down and disappointed that your life is going a different way now. Not to excuse their unsupporting behavior but you do need to look at it from their standpoint as well. Most parents wouldn't be happy about their 17 year old being pregnant so just keep that in mind. However I would try and contact them. What's it going to hurt? And don't get discourgaged they will come around. My dad did. Now he's the most excited grandpa ever and is so concerned about me! Keep your head up...the hard part was telling them. Now its just a waiting game.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would recommending assessing your current sense of security.... if you are at all unsure of yourself, your value in the world or who you are, contacting parents who have made it clear that (to them, at least) you are worthless and fail to measure up is probably not a great plan.

Can you live with the disappointment of them continuing to treat you as they always have?

Are you willing to experience that, at this time in your life? Do you want or need that?

Even if there was a 43% chance that they'd welcome you with respect and generosity, is it worth it to risk the 66% chance of them being exactly who you remember them as? Can you say with any sense of certainty (out loud, please) 'I can live with that, if it happens'?

What are you hoping to get? What do you need?

You're clearly an adult now, so what parents are for at this point are just some of your social circle. Do you need that from them? Can they give it?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009