If you never went to Disneyworld/Land as a child....

are you at all bitter now? My husband and I have both never been... 1st time will be with our kids, eventually... and now we're both pissy and feeling cheated *whine* *vent*

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Travel

• Trust me on this - you will enjoy it so much more without your kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• lol, you can still enjoy disney as an adult! I don't know about Disney Land, but Disney World has PLENTY for the adults AND the kids. I really suggest you go to Epcot and do the World Tour thing, it was fantastic, my mom and I really enjoyed it (I was about 16 at the time) while my dad took my younger brothers to Magic Kingdom. The Animal Kingdom we all really loved, together as a family.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• LOL, not at all... why would I feel cheated? My parents did everything they could for us, Disney wasn't in the cards. I hope we can save enough to one day get our own kids there...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Never been and not sure I really ever want to go to be honest
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Hee hee....You'll enjoy it loads more as an adult!

I went when I was ten years old and to be honest really don't remember much. The parks have changed SOOOOO much since then.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Can't been just about every year of my life. My mum was preggo's with me while walking Maine Street - it's kinda in my blood. Grew up going every year except for a few years we opted to go to the islands, Europe, Arizona, and such. Now, that I've gotten married and we've got two girls of our own we've continued that tradition. My girls can tell you where the best bathrooms are in Epcot or where to a Dole Whip in Magic Kingdom. We've been this year already and we're already planning our 2 weeks there next year and that will be my 27th time going.

You certainly enjoy Disney World as an adult perhaps even more so.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Not at all. I yearned to go as a child but my family couldn't afford it. I remember the first time I went as an adult, with our children, that feeling of awe and of a childhood dream fulfilled. A very good feeling.

Answer by Bmat at 7:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• One of the reasons Disneyland isn't successful in Europe is because it's not made for kids, it's made for adults --it's build on an adult scale, with adult sightlines and things that make adults reminisce about their childhoods. It's not a European thing, that allure of childhood.

It's too big for little legs, there are too many things to look at and too many people for *most* kids under about 9 to be able to stand for more than a couple of hours in a row.

You'll have a lot of fun (as long as you remember the thing about little kids being easily overwhelmed by it and not expect to Have Fun for 10 hours in a row) --probably a lot more than you would have had at 4.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009