help me ladies!

What exactly does it smell like whn your waterbreaks and if its just a little leak does it run down your leg or what did you expreince if your water broke and how did you feel?
Also did you have any contractions when it broke?
Thanks ladies=)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had contractions but they didnt hurt tell after. and with my first it was a crap load of water and it smells like idk old water and ikd? and with my 2nd it was a tinny bit and really bloody
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• When my water broke it was like the flood gates opened. It was not a little gush. My pants and half way up my shirt was soaked in less than 2 mins, I left little puddles from my class to the nurse and then flooded out her bathroom in her office.. Mine didnt smell sweet either. It was a little on the smelly side. I teach in a school ( I was at work when it broke ) and luckily the school nurse was a L&D nurse before she became a school nurse and she said everything was fine, smelt just like it was suppose to. I felt fine, it didnt hurt at all but contractions started about 15 mins later.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• vickwu Your outragous I doubt it was that bad!! Come on if your gonna answer questions be honest!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• how do u know it could have been like that my sisters was crazy like that and it was everywhere and made the room smell for a few weeks we cleaned it but i could still smell it and u have no right to say anything u werent there were u?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• U werent there and why would i lie about something so freaking stupid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• When your water breaks it usually smells sweet and is clear. With my last baby my water had a slow leak and I thought it was pee until my mom told me to go to the bathroom and see if it was clear and if it smelled sweet than it was my water. Well she was right it was my water. Your water dont have to gush out for it to break. I had no contractions until 2 days later and apparently I went to the Hospital at the right time because half way there I was in full blown labor ( we lived an hour from the hospital). Also since I didn't think it was my water and waited 2 day to go to the hospital my baby was under distress but everything turned out ok. GL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• each person is different like each pregnancy you could lose it anyway
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• each pregnancy is different. my water broke after i was in labor because i was induced. i was laying down on my bed and it just trickled down my leg. It didn't gush and it didn't have blood on it. it should only have a foul smell if there is meconium in it. with reg. water breaking there really is not much of a smell at all.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Mine popped. I actually heard it pop, it was crazy! I was in bed and pop, splash! It is a bit gross though. I don't remember it having a smell but it may( I can't smell very well). I have heard some people say it smells like semen. If it is coming continuously it is probably your water.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 3:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009