Is anybody else sick of this?

Moms come on here to get advice, give advice, or share experiences. Somebody posts a question about needing advice and it doesn't matter what the question is about.....there is always somebody who has to bash or even be disrespectful. Why is that? Why can't they just try to be helpful....or if they can't do that, maybe they shouldn't instigate arguments????? I am so tired of this. Seriously.

sweetmoonem

Asked by sweetmoonem at 2:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

• When I use the term "bashing" I am referring to swearing and/or directly insulting somebody. If somebody replies to my post using caps and swear words, that's aggressive. That's hostile. And it's just not necessary. This is a community web site for moms to connect and support eachother.
    There is a very big difference between disagreeing with somebody and insulting/bashing them. It is very possible for somebody to disagree with somebody else and still be respectful of them. A lot of the women on here don't seem to understand that. They rush to the insults right away because they have passionate opinions...but most of us have passionate opinions on some things. This is what I was referring to....not disagreeing with somebody.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I totally understand what you are saying! People have differences of opinion and that's fine with me. I don't pretend to be right all the time and if someone doesn't agree with me then I am OK with that. I just don't see the need to be rude or vulgar. We are suppose to be moms helping each other.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i 100% agree with you i think some people just like to start arguments
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• clapping

rose549

Answer by rose549 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Of course it's frustrating so I tell myself that some people just do it for kicks and then I flat out ignore it. It seems the best option since they are obviously not going anywhere.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well, it depends so much on perspective, don't you find?

Some people's 'bashing' is another person's 'different perspective'.

If moms want advice that matches what they're already doing -or that is uniform in agreement of the 'right' way or the 'best' way that they've already selected, it would make more sense to ask the mirror what it thinks.

A public forum gives people an opportunity to see the range of resposes 'out there' to whatever they're doing... including those highly critical people who seem to take pleasure in insulting and having arguments with strangers. We all encounter them, who knows what it is they're looking for.

Mostly, it's simpler if everyone just ignores it --arguing with them gives them the attention and drama they're looking for. Someday, one hopes, if enough people restrain themselves in dealing with them, they may make it past 4 years old, mentally.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009