Did anyone here NOT VOTE?

Gosh maybe I should do this as anon, LOL.... my DH and I are both non voters. We feel that whomever has good enough ideas (or enough money) to be elected deserves a shot. If they do a lousy enough job they'll be shot, impeached, or resign. And it's hard for us simple small town folk to truly believe 1 vote will do a DAMN THING.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't vote. I don't follow politics enough to vote and know what I'm voting for and the reasons I'm doing so. I hate politics. I don't complain about what's going on either :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well than dont complain about whats going on that's all I have to say

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'd never complain. So far I love Obama but only for 1 thing... he has little kids. He doesn't wanna wreck the Country or cause more problems. Someday he wont be president any more and they'll be 2 young women in this world.... I am sure he wants something decent and good for them. As opposed to some old dude who's at the end of his life... we'd be like his Guinea pig... he wouldn't be around to suffer the consequences of problems.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I do vote, it makes me feel so proud after, its a great feeling.

While I understand feeling like one vote won't make a difference, if you add up ALL the people who say that, its more votes that we could count.

You just said yourself you like Obama for certain reasons, so it DID matter to you, you should vote next time, see how it feels, I bet you like it...and what a great lesson for your children too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It's a good thing everyone doesn't think like you. My one vote counts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That's what I do not understand.
    Complain, complain, whine etc...
    You had to have voted for some of these folks-Reps, Sen, President, Gov, Mayor. Did you vote for the loser in every current/recent election? If the answer is yes, you might just be out of step with the rest of the popular vote, and maybe it's time for YOU to seek election.
    Otherwise, you have to come to grips with the concept that the majority of the pop voters DO NOT support the same ideals as you.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Right or wrong. Black, white, purple or mixed.
    A Democratic Republic is the system in place.
    Sometimes there are different paths that lead to the same palatable outcome.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I didn't vote. I think Obama has the hardest job right now since Bush messed our country up. So he has a rough road ahead of him.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have voted in every election since I've been old enough. At the very least, my vote and my husband's vote cancels out my republican parents' voted.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• After reading a few of these posts I am glad some of you don't vote. You need to educate yourself well before voting.

Voting isn't just a right, it is a responsibility. Every American has a responsiblity to themselves and their country to vote. It is our duty!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009