GERD.

My daughter is 4 months old and she has GERD. The doctor has me putting oatmeal in her bottles she said she shouldn't be throwing up anymore. She was for a couple months and now she spits up about 2 ounces of every bottle we give her.

Any suggestions?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 2:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask the doc, I know there is something he can give I forgot the name. I used infant gaviscon
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• does ur daughter still have pain?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• She is on zantac for the pain of the reflux. She was very uncomfortable when she spit up until we started giving her the zantac.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 2:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My daughter had GERD when she was first born and her doc put he on prevacid...she hasnt spit up at all sice about 2 weeks after starting the medicine...and she's 5 1/2months old now.
    bobcatsmommy

Answer by bobcatsmommy at 4:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My daughter was diagnosed with GERD when she was 2 mos. old and she is 5 mos. old now. We have not started her on solids yet (waiting until 6 mos. to help reduce the risk of food allergies... they run in the family). She is currently taking Zantac (2x/day) and Erythromicin (spelling??) (4x/day). The Erythromicin is wonderful!! It helps the food pass through the stomach more quickly so there is less to spit up. It has made things much easier on all of us and it is a very safe medicine. I recommend asking your doctor about it.
    Lauren0209

Answer by Lauren0209 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009