Another stupid mucus plug question?

I think i just lost my mucus plug but i am not for sure maybe you can help answer. I am 37 weeks and i went to the bathroom and wiped and there was this clear stringy stuff and lots of i guess mucus so could this be the hole mucus plug or just parts of it. Also should i be watching for blood or contractions now that i might have lost it. By the way this is my first pregnancy and i am clueless thanks!!!

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just lost mine last week and it sounds pretty much the same as what you're describing.
    I had a few little bits and then a big one...kind of looked like I sneezed out the bottom, ha ha ha! *groooosssssss*

I only had the tiniest little spot of blood the next morning.
    Unfortunately this isn't a sure sign that labor is right around the corner but it is a good sign that your body is getting ready.
    You might have increased Braxton Hicks contractions. Keep an eye on those to see if they become regular or not.

Hopefully it happens soon for you!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• it could be but u only have 3 weeks left so it would be fine dont worry and it is kinda bloody when u loss it just watch and wait and congrats ur going to be a mommy soon!!!!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had stringy dischargeduring the last like 1 1/2mth of my pregnancy, and that was probably just discharge and my mucus plug, but at 32 1/2 weeks I had a big brown blob come out and i knew that was my mucus plug, like more than most of it. So that dont mean he/she is comming soon but just part of pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009