wedding plans

Please help! My S/O and I have been together for almost 10 years. We have 3 kids together and he wants to get married. So here is the problem, he won't help plan the wedding at all! When I ask him to help pick out anything (cake, colors, location, flowers) he says he doesn't care. He will not give me any input! When I settle on something I like he complains because he doesn't like it. I have finally decided to not do any more planning until he will help. That was 6 months ago. He now is complaining that I have done nothing. Grrrrrrrrr!!! What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• HAVE A SMALL CEREMONY WITHOUT FRILLS.

Answer by older at 2:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• most men don't really care...just tell them when and where, and they'll be there! lol

my Hubby as helped me out with a few things...and I can run ideas by him and actually get some input back...

maybe you should sit him down and tell him you're not really looking into planning the entire wedding alone (even with the little help I have, it's STRESSFUL!), and you need his help, because it's his wedding too. colors, locations, cake, food, etc, are pretty big decisions and should at least be agreed upon. the only decision I made alone, the flowers! lol, he didn't care about the flowers.

GOOD LUCK HUN! AND HAPPY PLANNING!
    =]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• keep it simple for him, narrow down the choices to one or two and then ask him which one. Then he can't complain and you have what you like too.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i dont know if this will help but i'd get some real hideous looking pictures of tuxes, bridesmaids dresses, anything really and spread them out on a table in clear view and leave them there too see if he notices. i'm sure he'll speak up if he thinks they are tacky and there is your opportunity to tell him that you agree and have a good laugh but you need some of his imput or everything is going to end up looking a little something like that.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• When he starts complaining, I would tell him that since he couldn't tell me what he wanted he missed out on the right to choose. Then I'd tell him he'd better speak up before I planned the rest of it. If he still didn't speak up, I'd choose what I liked and move on.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009