What should i do if i have no one to help me after my twins are born????

i have gotten responses to my question what to expect when i deliver my twins and following weeks after. and you all said to have lots and lots of help. well there is a little problem with that we own our own company so everybody HAS to work EVERDAY. that doesnt leave me with very many people to ask for help. and really the ones i can ask are my grandparents that have so many health issues it is not even worth it. what should i do. iwas thinking of sending my 3 yr old to daycare all day everyday is that a good idea????

jennifer0526

Asked by jennifer0526 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES IT IS A GOOD IDEA, IT WILL GIVE YOU TIME TO CREATE A ROUTINE FOR YOU,

Answer by older at 2:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You will do fine, just remember to breathe. Once the babies are born you will probably be crazy for a while but once you get a schedule and life with 3 figured out you will be ok. I do not have twins but my sister does and she did not have any help at all when they were born, she also had a 2 yr old at the time, it is doable you just have to be very flexible and find what works for you.Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 2:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yes, my 5 mos. old goes to daycare for 8 hrs. a day. She loves it and I don't feel bad. I would totally do that if you can. It will be good for your kid, too. Also, if you have the $$ (I know I don't), you can hire a 'baby nurse' or a nanny for the first 6 wks. Remember when Miranda on Sex and the City had her baby? She hired a nurse and got to rest and relax and only have him to feed! That is a fantasy for most people, but if I had the $$ I would totally do it!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You might also consider hiring in some help.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If sending the 3 yo to daycare is an option, then I'd do it at least part-time. Another option might be to use the money you would have spent on daycare to get someone to come to your home several hours a day to help with all the kids, housework, cooking, etc. I know you say everyone has to work all day everyday, but if just one of the people in your family could take a two hour lunch break at least once or twice a week and come to give you a break that would also be very helpful. If someone can give you a break for an hour or so in the evenings that will really help too. When my twins were a month or two old I'd be ok alone with them all day, but around 5:30 or 6 I really needed a break. No matter how much or how little help you get, you can do it. After you make it through the first 2 to 4 months it does become easier, so when it seems impossible you just have to hang in a little while longer. Congrats & good luck
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• just relax and stay calm. I have a 2yr old (almost three) and my twins are 2 1/2 months. it gets easier as time goes by. try to get them on different scedules from each other, makes it easier when they eat at different times, and just make sure to pay attention to your other child or s/he can become very jealous
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• They have preschool programs for 2-3 days a week as well, so if you feel bad about him being there all week just to be watched by someone, you could comfort yourself by knowing if he's in a class like that he's preparing for school and learning things.

Also, do you know someone with a mature teen who is willing to make some extra cash by coming by to help you out? It's cheaper than a daycare, and even if all she did was keep an eye on them long enough for you to cook dinner or take a shower it would be a big help. Sometimes all you need is an hour or two of extra hands and eyes.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009