Is there any good diets that work? I hate being FAT!

I am about 50 pounds over weight and want to loose it. A couple of years ago I did the low carb diet and lost 45 pounds in 2 months but its not working now. I hate my body it makes me sick and I found out starving myself dont work either. No bashing I already know im a big fat ass. I just cant seem to lose the weight I put on after my baby. I always did it before but not now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html.  Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Weight Watchers works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I lost all my babyweight and a few pounds extra. My diet plan was: In the morning I ate oatmeal and fresh fruit, for lunch I had a can of slimfast, I was snacking on fruits, veggies and rice crackers. For dinner I ate regular but made sure I eat lots of veggies and few starch foods.
    Exercise is important also, if you don't like running, try swimming! Crunches and sit-ups also help to get rid of the belly fat.
    It took me a few months but it was really easy and I didn't starve myself!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• copy and paste, rkoloms, copy and paste
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Dieting doesn't work, you need to make a lifestyle change. As soon as you stop a diet, you put weight back on.

Start with a cleanse to get all of the crap out of your system then just maintain healthy eating and exercise.
    Moderation is the key. Weight doesn't go on instantly and it wont come off instantly either.

Also everyone plateaus at one point or another. It's important to not give up!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Nope. But if you want support, try SparkPeople.com. I just joined them to help me change my eating habits and lifestyle habits bit by bit - in small steps - so that I can make permanent changes in the long run. Check it out! http://www.sparkpeople.com/

JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I am doing Jenny Craig. I'm down 10 lbs in 5 weeks. I am really excited. I have 30 pounds to go. I got so tired of thinking about what to eat. So this program is perfect for me. I just look at my sheet on my frig and eat what it tells me to eat for every meal. And every week I go in to pick up my food for the next week. I don't think about it much beyond that. And the weight is just coming off. And all I do is walk every day. I'm totally on the program (in my mind) now, so I don't even want to cheat. I just get excited when it's time to eat again. :-)
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• ...P.S. I know exactly what you mean about the low carb diet. I also lost about 30 pounds several years ago. But I tried it again and had zero results.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• losing weight and being healthy is a lifestyle change. Diets don't work. They are a temporary fix. If diets worked there wouldn't be thousands of companies making so much money on weight loss products to us fat people.

If you want to lose weight you have to commit to a change. Join a site like myfitnesspal.com. Exercise, doing cardio and toning, and most importantly be conscious of what you put in your mouth. When I started my weight loss journey I was suprised by the amount of empty calories I was putting in my body, you'd probably be suprised too!
    clcmazz

Answer by clcmazz at 7:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am currently using the Jen Fe Fat Loss Patch.  I really like it, it is teaching me to eat a lot better it has helped with the food cravings, the urge to eat all of the time.  This product is not just a quick dump 20 pounds in a month plan it takes a little time You will loose Inches so you not only need to look at the weight but the inches you loose.   You will definitely start noticing a difference in you clothes you will start dropping clothes sizes.  The product works good.  Please check out the site at

http://www.thepatchthatpays.com

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 8:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2009