Have you finally left a cheater/liar/abuser? How did u cope?

I FINALLY did it last night. For good this time. We used to say "always and forever". But that meant always and forever if you respect me and love me. This is going to be hard without the support, but I know I can do it. Tons of women before me have. And chances are, there's always going to be someone more perfect than the one you're with. I will find that perfect man. Until then, my twins have no father.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had an abusive boyfriend years ago and I left him. Ironically, his name was Dennis, some called him Denny. Hmmm, could it be the same guy? It was easy to get over, because I DESERVED BETTER! And now I have a wonderful husband who treats me with absolute respect. You deserve better honey!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• awe sorry to hear that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I finally told my cheating husband today that I'm done. I don't feel better, but I did it and I know in the long run that if he won't change anything, I have to. I'm hoping the sadness lifts sooner than later.
    Anonymous

• I did! Nine months ago I left my abusive boyfriend who would rape me. I havent been back to him. A Couple Days After i left i Met Someone Else And Moved In With Him A Week Later & Were expecting our first child...things can get better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I wish my mom was as smart as u just dont go back i know u say that u wont but i have seen so many people go back and NO ONE should have to put up with that have a great life with out that freak
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had a boyfriend who was verbally abusive towards me. I finally had enough and broke it off with him. Do I regret it? Absolutely not! I met a wonderful man, who I am now married to.

OP, you will find "the one". I promise! :-)
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i left a cheater liar abuser .. time is the only thing that really makes you get over it, but i coped during the time i wasnt over it by joining the gym, going on a diet and started jogging and lost like 60 pounts and loved my new look, i moved to florida, went back to school and started going out and a couple yrs later i met someone else and now i dont even remember why i cared.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ya I deserve better than to be with someone who cheats on me 12 times with my friend while I was pregnant. And constantly lies even tho he said he's working on it. And when I ask him straight up he lies straight through his teeth to me. It's going to be so hard. But like PP said, eventually I will forget Why I cared. I guess I just need words of encouragement. It's going to be hard. Taking care of two 5 month old twins is NOT easy. Ugghh I'm nOT going back. I have tons before but that just showed it's ok to do what he's doing. He kept on doing it knowing I would take him back.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• congratulationsYou go girl....whoohoo!!! Take your time and you knight and shining armor will appear don't rush it give time to your twins and enjoy while they are little you can do it.

I was married to a cheater for 12 yrs. thank goodness we did not have children then I met my knight and shining armor and now have 2 beautful kids....yay you can do it.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It was hard at first bc I did love him even if he was a total Jack A$$. I woke thinking "I do not want to feel bad about myself for even one more day." And that was it. Something changed and there was no turning back. Little by little I felt stronger and more confident. After a few months away I could see how being with someone like that really chips away at your self-esteem. I moved away, started new hobbies, met new friends, tried new things... and GREW so much as a person. I dated, but just wasn't up to being with anyone seriously for years. 6 years later, I met my husband who I love very much and treats me with the uttmost respect.

I 100% believe that I met a better person bc I became a better person. I would never allow myself to be treated that way again. You can do the same.... YOU DO DESERVE BETTER... but you have to take the first hard steps. Good luck to you!!!
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 7:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009