am i a horrible person?

my friends son will be 2 in november, and i just cant seem to find a place for him in my heart. he is mean to my 14 month old. hits him, steals toys, pushes him. he comes to my house and destroys everything! i think he is starving for attention. his mom is a SAHM and sits outside and smokes all day and makes him play by himself. or she goes to the gym and puts him in the daycare while she works out. her husband is always working 60+ hours a week and wants their son in bed before he gets home. she doesnt scold him when he hits or takes toys from other kids. so am i horrible because i cant find room in my heart for him because of the way he acts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no your not. but just try and remember that its not his faults, its his shitty parents.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It not that horrible but the again its not the child's fault that he mainly acts this way its the parents fault. Just keep an opened mind ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I understand completely. I have a friend with an autistic son and I don't like him to be at my house. I understand his disability, but he is always trying to smear shit on the walls or blowing snot out of his nose and wiping it everywhere. I probably sound horrible, but it's the same story. I think she should spend more time tryng to potty train him. He's seven years old and still in diapers which he takes off and then wipes shit everywhere. To me, that's an indication that he is probably ready, but she is so damn lazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Wait a minute, this is your friend & you believe she's a bad mom? It doesn't sound like your really good friends at all! I used to know a kid like that & now they found out he's autistic & has ADHD. So it's not his fault if that's the case, but either way it sounds like he has no disipline. You should find a way to mention it to your friend, in the nicest way you can that he's out of control & I wouldn't blame you for not wanting him around your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well if you're a horrible person then so am I!
    I have a friend with a son who is very similar behaviorally. He doesn't have any disabilities he's just a bit of a bully.
    He snatches toys away from my son, pushes him, and is just plain mean. He's sneaky about it too. When he thinks no one is looking he'll snatch a toy away or hit him then run to the other side of the room and say "What's wrong?" all innocently. I've watched him do it.

I don't take my son over to play with him anymore. I realize that if he's not disciplined for being a jerk then he's not going to know any better so I don't blame HIM, but I still don't want to put my kid through being bullied just because some parents are lazy.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No you're not horrible. I am the same way with my SO's younger sister. I even posted a question about it, but all I got was people telling me I should grow up. Ok grown ups are allowed to not like someone, even if they are kids! We aren't perfect. SO's younger sister is rude, to my kids, to me even to her mom but her mom does nothing to correct it and SO doesn't seem to notice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No, you're NOT a horrible person!

We can't help disliking children who act like little shits.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009