When do babies become constipated?

i know thats a weird question, but my 5 1/2 month old is getting constipated. her poop is hard as can be and she can only get one turd out at a time :( its sad... i bought prune juice but she wont drink anything out of a bottle... can i put it in her cereal? would that be the same?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Better yet...dump the cereal entirely. It binds and is nothing but junk. Switch her to straight prunes.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree...at least until the problem resolves itself i would stop the cereal. Give her prunes instead if she wont drink the juice. if that doesnt work try the glycerin suppositories...ask ur doc first though to make sure u give her the right amount(my doc said to give my 5mo 1/4 of a child sized suppository)
    bobcatsmommy

Answer by bobcatsmommy at 5:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Id cut the cereal, or give her less.
    I saw you say you give it twice a day in a different question.
    My dd is 5 months and I give her a little sweet potato with cereal afew times a week. Sometimes plain cereal. But just like a table spoon of it. She hasn't had any belly issues
    goodluck
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009