Am I just jealous

am if I am how do I stop it, well latey I have been arguing with my guy and told him that I wasn't him mom and I can't do everything for him, and he told me that his mom is a Saint and he puts her on a pedistal and no one could be like her, then for the past few days I haven't been feeling well with really bad migrane and on top off that a UTI( sorry if TMI) but when I told him he didn't even care, in fact he still wanted to get some, but his mom told him that they found out she has diabetes and she was suppost to have surgery for almost a year now but they haven't because he blood wasn't right. anyway I just feel bad that he cares about her more than me or not even equal for me, I know thats his mom but I can't help it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• my SO is the same way and it friggin pisses me off. especially cuz his mom is a pothead freak who does nothing for him and disagrees with everything i say.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• He should care about his mom, but he should also care about you. This is the exact reason I don't date "mama's boys." They say you should pay attention to how a man treats his mother b/c that is how he will treat you, but damn, he needs to cut the umbilical cord already.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I lived in fear of this while DH and I were still dating. MIL made it CLEAR to me that SHE was MOMMY.

IDC WHO mommy thinks she is, the Bible I live by says that a man leaves his mother and father and comes together with his wife to form a new union. You should be just as important, if not moreso, because 1) you're his girl, and 2) she has a DH to take care of her (if not, not your problem to deal with)

SO needs to step up and take care of you too! And if he can't, see ya!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• This is one of the big reasons why I'm in the middle of a divorce now. My ex put his mother on a pedistal, and would do things with her over doing things with me, and finally brought her to live with us, then sold our home and we moved in with her. It was just a big mess, and if he cared about you then he would put you first. You are not being unreasonable here, trust me...I lived it!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I don't consider what you described jealousy. My DH is the same with his mommy. She is a liar, manipulator and all around freak. She hid well until after we married then it all came out. She is the number one woman in his life as far as she's concerned. We go through this cycle of insanity where he is bascially breastfeeding and then not talking to her to make me happy and then BF again. It's a sick place to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It's a different kind of love for you than it is for his mom. I'm sure he has enough for you both. If you have shown him you are strong and don't need him and she's spent his whole life convincing him that she's weak and needs him then he's going to help her. So, keep telling him you need him. One day he will see that. It just takes time and she's been doing it longer than you. Be patient.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009