Just got a formula sample from my doctor, this stuff doesn't look bad?

After all the formula bashing on here I was shocked to find this sample looking really great. Lots of info came with it and there's a ton of good stuff in it. I still think formula feeding would be loads easier than breastfeeding, and that way my husband would get to feed the baby too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So we should be sending our formula samples to Africa?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What is your question?
    I don't see how formula is easier. lol I really don't... just plop your boob ut and its ready no warming up or anything. Formula you have to get up make the bottle test it make sure its warm not too cold not too hot...but that time id be wide awake already. i thihnk you should try breastfeeding if you can its best.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Breastfeeding is really easy. You never have to worry about cleaning bottles, warming bottles, when Baby is hungry you don't have to run get everything ready, the milk is right there just waiting. Especially for the nighttime feedings it's sooo much easier to breastfeed! If you wanna go somewhere you don't have to carry all the stuff for bottles with you.
    Even when you are breastfeeding you can pump and freeze the milk so your husband can also feed the baby.
    I was breastfeeding my daughter for 11 months and it was the easiest thing!
    Formula is not bad for your child but breastmilk is just better!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• hahaha either you are new here or trying to start something. But if you are new and serious it costs LOTS of money after your done with the sample. You can pump and let him feed baby. Plus your boobs go everywhere with you. Formula is a lot harder. (Trust me I know I tried like crazy but ended up with formula and it is NOT easy.) Bottle cleaning, bottle making in the middle of the night and did I mention its expensive?
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 3:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• girl they say that baby gets less sick if he breast feeds well my oldest son will be 4yrs in oct and he has only been sick ONE TIME i have a friend who bf and her kids are sick all the time so that theory is not true i also have a 5 month old he has yet to get sick and both my kids are in daycare dont let no one pressure u into doing something u dont want to do and omg does it hurt i did try with my first and said hell no with my second...do what u want
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• really you think it's easier to mix ,and wash and warming a bottle is easier than just putting the baby to the breast???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• katie......if she can get on wic then its not that much maybe only have to buy a can hear or there and hard to make a botlle? please i just make 48oz before i got to bed at night and if he needs a bottle in the middle of the night i pour out what he eats put it in the microwave for 35 sec and then pour it into a bottle and shake it a lil waaaaaa la its done
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yes anon it is exp if ya have to work just thow some bottles and fromula in the diaper bag and off ya go uuuummmmm it takes time to pump and i coulndt get over the pain so yeah i bottle fed my son and im bottle feeding my baby
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Breast is best, but formula is fine, too. I work in a pediatrician's office. We give out formula samples to mom's so they know it is OK to use. Breastfeeding is tough in some ways, easier in others. I think every new mom should try to nurse her baby. If it doesn't work out, you know you tried. If you formula feed, don't let anyone give you a hard time for it. Do whatever works best for you and your baby! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i do both and when u are in public i really love having a bottle but at home and at night the boob is just there
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009