does anyone know anything about christian homeschooling programs?

i am looking for a curriculem or program to follow for honeschool my kids, my daughter mainly who is 5 years old.

abby.

Asked by abby. at 3:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in

• =( your poor daughter. shes gonna miss out an a fun childhood of friends and experiences. how is she gonna know how to interact in the real world when she grows up and needs to get a job?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I know there is a Christian home school group on CM. I'm sure they can help you.

I'm a teacher, but I know most home school families go to great lengths to give their kids plenty of experiences with friends. 

Good Luck:)

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Abeka is a good one.  My ds attends a Christian school that uses it and Bob Jones University

http://www.abeka.org/

http://www.bjupress.com/page/HS+Home

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 4:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You may want to check out some of the homeschooling groups here on CM. Happy Homeschoolers is a good one, and there are many groups that are Christian based as well. Abeka is probably the most well-known Christian curriculum, but there are many, many more.

Good luck!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• "=( your poor daughter. shes gonna miss out an a fun childhood of friends and experiences. how is she gonna know how to interact in the real world when she grows up and needs to get a job?"

This coming from a child with a 2 month old who hasn't experienced the real world yet. hahaha You can tell she is doing a good job interacting and holding a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ignore the socialization bash. Studies have shown over and over that homeschoolers have better social skills than public schooled children. There are many Christian homeschool groups here on CM, check them out. I'm sure you can get the advice and support you are looking for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• There are many programs out there, you have to find what works for YOUR child (a distinct advantage over schools where the child has to either work with their program or fail.)

I've used Christian Liberty Press but found that it didn't hold my kids' interest AT ALL. Alpha Omega was a bit better but the kids seemed bored by it. Abeka has been the best for us; it holds their interest, they 're not bored, there are a variety of activities and it's very well set up for me to use. Lesson plans are set up for each day in the curriculum guides. Abeka encourages teaching cursive writing from the start but you can opt to go with manuscript (printing) instead until 2nd grade. That worked best for my kids.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• im not worried about people who think my children need to be socialized. i take them out everyday. to the park, church, roller skateing rink, family visits, birthday parites, swimming. infact my daughter can be a little over friendly, so my daughter is not a "poor little girl" and she is better behaved and knows more then most kids we know her age. thank you all so much for your time and help.:)

abby.

Answer by abby. at 7:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• purpul go spread ur negative blahness somewhere else! no one cares wut u think about socialization!!!! now as for the op the curriculum i will be using for my 5 yr old this year is through the calvert school- they dont teach religion but i will be teaching my kids out of the bible myself
    if u want more info pm me
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If home schooling is so great then why are most parents stopping at high school?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

Next question in
Am I The Only One?????