ok yuck question...but i just was told that the nurses will automatically shve you "downstairs" before delivery?? is this true?

stylinmama

Asked by stylinmama at 3:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not true at all

Answer by rkoloms at 3:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yes but I am aready shaved so it didnt matter to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yeah they shaved me
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No nurses touched me before delivery.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• believe me you wont worry about it when u are giving birth
    NewForMe

Answer by NewForMe at 3:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It was for my first almost 17 years ago, and a enema too, but that was not done with my second or third, things have changed. Take a tour of the L&D unit and ask the staff your questions, if it is allowed in your area. You can also ask your Dr.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yes its true but it may depend on your hospital. i was glad it done for me. i couldnt see what i was doing anyway. plus i felt better when it came time to have the baby.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the hospital. I was in a very religious town when I had my son and they actually chastised me for doing it before hand just in case they needed to. There was no way I was letting some stranger shave my privates. They already had enough touching to do there!
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 3:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Not around here. If you are taking birthing classes it is a good quetion for your instructor. They tend to know what the local hospitals do routinely.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009