3 cm-almost 4 and got membranes stripped..

i never have been this dialted and had my membranes stripped...has anyone out there had it done at this dilated? i had it done at 1 cm with my dd and it was great. so how long did it take to help push things long at this point? no bashing or rude coment. this is my decision and im happy with it

eSnA2008

Asked by eSnA2008 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got it done at 1 cm it took about 2-3 weeks i got it done 2-3 times i am happy with my decicion also
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i did when i was at 2 with my 1st and 4 with my 2nd
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had mine stripped when I was 1 cm with my first child and I still had to get induced a week after I was due. I had my membranes stripped 3x with my second at 2 cm and I still had to be induced. It didn't work for me at all, but I do know several people who swear by it and having their membranes stripped induced labor fairly quickly...Good luck and congrats:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• with my first i was at a 1 and had her within 36 hours...so im wondering if it will work as quick or maybe quicker...how long did it tkae to work for you?

eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I did not have my membranes stripped with my first becuase I had a planned induction at 37 weeks.  With my second I had them stripped at 3 cm, 4 cm and 5 cm and still lasted another week and a half until my induction at 38 1/2 weeks

Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had it done at 1 cm and went into labor the next morning at 12:25 a.m. I did not have it with my first two.
    ohmommamia

Answer by ohmommamia at 4:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009