No one showed up for my son's b-day party last month. I'm I right to be upset?

Not any grandparents, great grand parents, aunts, uncles, siblings etc. Not one person came.

It really did not upset me too much until this past weekend when EVERYONE went to my son's neice's b-day party. Over 100 people were there for her party and it took 2.5 hours for her to open all her gifts.

Now I do not care about the lack of gifts for my child, but this all is just not fair for my child. I'm really upset and my DH says I am overreacting. How would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I feel horrible for your LO. I would have came! :[
    But I'd be F-in PISSED to the max. I have a very short temper and someone would have gotten their ass chewed out.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 4:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I WOULD BE PISSED TOO!!!I WOULD TELL MY DISCONTENT TO ALL OF THEM.

Answer by older at 3:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would be upset to
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would definately be upset if nobody showed up! Is there more to the story or did they just not go?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would be PISSED. How old is your son? If this were to happen to me, I would be livid and would have a hard time not calling up my family and chewing their asses out on the phone.
    MamaK313

Answer by MamaK313 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would be downright hurt for my child. Not mad necessarily but hurt. You all live in the same town I assume, so people wouldn't have had to go any farther to your party than to the neice's right? If so then I would probably say something to at least the family members who made it to her party and not your son's. I am kinda forward like that though.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would feel really hurt for my child. Did anyone explain why they did not come to you? I don't know your situation, but this sounds downright hurtful and it is a shame.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'm sorry:( I would be very upset too! It's hard not to let something like this get to you. I'm also thinking the same as Anon 3:32. Is there more to the story? Do you live far away from everyone?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That's horrible and so sad for your little one. I would be through the ROOF! I would call each and every person who went to the nieces party and give them a piece of my mind.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would have been pissed off weather that is the right response or not. I got angry in may when my sister in law chose to take my nephews to her friends wedding instead of my dd's birthday party which probably wouldn't upset me if I had not made it to everyone of her kids birthday parties no matter what else I had going on. Also my brother did not make an effort to get his son from his ex's house to come. She did have guests that came and it was a lovely afternoon but I think it is hurtfull even if it is there loss.
    KatSul

Answer by KatSul at 3:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009