She's getting stuck in the crib railing!

How do you stop that from happening? My daughter is 7 months old now and I still haven't taken out the bumper pads, because she throws her legs up over them and then she can't get out of the railing because her thighs are wedged in there. Any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is the crib?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Is the crib an old one, the space in between should be less than 2 inches based on new standards, if she is getting stuck in a new crib, I dont know what u can do about it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It's brand new actually. We bought it right before she was born. But she sticks her legs through the rails until she gets stuck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• ah crap, do a double bumper?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son used to do that too. Also my daughter learned somehow to climb up before she was one and she was in the room screaming so I went in to get her and she was hanging by her ankle. Same crib that my sons legs got caught in. I took her out and let her sleep in a playpen or with me. That was scary and horrible, be careful!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my son did that use a bumper it helps
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 4:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Lacrisha: I said up there in the Q that I already have a bumper pad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• you may report it to the manufactuer and make sure that there is not a recall on the crib and it may need to be checked out your baby should not be getting caught in the rails of a baby crib.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 5:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I filled out the registration card when I got it. Wouldn't they call or send a card or something if it was recalled?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2009