wanting twins

I would really love to have twins. It runs in my family. my mom's sister's daughter has twins. my fiance's family also has twins. do you think there is a good chance i'll have twins eventually or anything I can do that wouldn't hurt my baby or me in the process of trying to conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Eat sweet potatoes. (there was a study done and the areas of the world who grow and where sweet potatoes come from that suggests that the women of the area have high twin rates) I know this because when I got prego with twins I read this..and we have been making a ton of sweet potato french fries as my daughter who was eating finger foods loved them.
    If your cousin had them, there is a good chance you could too. I think your chances increase as you get closer to 35 too.
    Your husband can not pass twins onto you. Only the woman....either your egg splits and you have identical twins which anyone can have, or you genetically release more than one egg when you ovulate. I recently had a ultrasound done for some other reasons and it showed 2 little cysts on my ovaries from possibly recently ovulating twin little eggs..isnt that cool? I have 6 yr old twin boys btw.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 3:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I heard twins skip a generation, so if your cousin had them than chances are pretty good for you (if that is true they skip a generation) Is your grandma a twin?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• google trying to have twins. There is information that could help you increase your odds. Some sort of yam?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• it runs in are family too and my boyfriends and he is also a twin but I didnt have twins.Thank goodness cuz I would go nuts!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Fertility treatments often end in Twins and higher maternal age too.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• IF the twins in your family are fraternal, then you have a better chance than most of conceiving twins. Twins in your fiance's family have no effect on your odds of having twins. If you have to have fertility treatments that will increase your odds. Also having children when you are older or over-weight will increase your odds. If you have lots of children your odds also increase. As for things you can do to improve your odds, there aren't really any proven methods of significantly increasing the odds of conceiving twins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• twins dont skip in my family on both side we have them no skipping but for some reason we never carry full term with my mom she lost them at 5 monthspregnant my grandma lost 2 sets one set when they were 3 days old and another at 8 months pregnant. on my hubbys side one dies and one makes it. I lost one and now have a 4 month old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009