4 month check up?

what do u ask at the 4 month? im not giving shots and no i dont want to hear crap about it its my choice. but what should i talk about with my doctor and what do they do?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 3:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you considered seeing an ND (Naturopathic Doctor ?) They will not pressure you about vaccinations. I am seeing one and she is great and very helpful with all the things I have asked her about. I am not sure where you are from but there is a group on here somewhere that had a list of NDs by state. Good luck ;)
    faeriefangs

Answer by faeriefangs at 8:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No shots at all? Then what the point of even going?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I don't blame you at all for not doing the shots, but I have to ask the same question as the PP: why go at all?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i go so i know how much my son has grown and to talk to my doctor about stuff like idk feeding and stuff.
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 4:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Oh, then just start making a list. You may not have anything, and that may be good! Has he started cereal and stuff yet? This is around the age that they start that, you may want to ask about that. Or how he developing as far as tummy time and stuff goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• We don't vaccinate either, but I take Isis to all her WBVs. I take her for lots of reasons- to ask questions, because he knows what to look for better than I, and because I want to have that relationship established should something happen.
    Anyway, ask your Dr any questions you have. If you don't have any, don't ask any!
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Starting solids is a big milestone to discuss at that age, since many people start them before the 6 month visit. And if you have any concerns about baby's development. Even if nothing comes to mind, perhaps you can ask the doctor where your baby should be developmentally, maybe what to look forward to in the next couple of months.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You don't need to go.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• People who don't vax still go to the early check ups to make sure the baby is developing correctly, the weight is good, feeding well, and to address any concerns or questions they may have, etc. You people really have children?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• anan 259 i was thinking the same thing u should take ur kid for at least for 2 years even if u don give them shots
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009