Appropriate Concert?

OK, so usually I would not go to a concert like Creed. Not that I hate them or anything. I just like much heavier stuff, but my hubby and I have been looking for an appropriate show to take our two year old son to. We think it's important to expose him to music early, but I really don't want to expose him to drugs and mosh pits. We got a bunch of free tickets, so if it's an appropriate venue, we figured why not? Problem is I'm on the fence about taking him to see them. I have never seen them live, but what I know of their music they seem pretty mellow. Anyone seen them? Anyone think it would be ok to take the kiddo? Please help, so not sure what to do. Thanks for the insight all!

mommyluvsphilip

Asked by mommyluvsphilip at 3:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't recommend it not for the content of the music but because it is going to be LOUD. Are you planning on putting earplugs in his ears? I'm sure there are more toddler friendly ways of exposing your son to music without taking him to a concert.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i agree

toddler to young for loud music

i take my toddler to Kindermusik

or take child to local one person acoustical

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• honestly i cant picture a mosh pit going on at a creed concert LOL
    is it an outdoor venue? i wouldnt take LO if it is an indoor venue. but outdoor or indoor, sit in the very back if you can cause any live concert will be loud
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It's not the noise I was concerned with. I was more concerned with the atmosphere. My parents took me to tons of concert as a small child. My hearing is fine. We will be in the lawn section, so we won't be very close to the stage and he will have room to move around. I just don't want to expose him to drugs or violence. If it were a Chicago concert or something like that I would take him in a second. Thanks for your thoughts though, I really do appreciate it.

mommyluvsphilip

Answer by mommyluvsphilip at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009