SHould community college be free.. like high school.. i think so

i think that with just a high school diploma is not that easy to get a good job.. yes it can happen.. i dnt understand why they dont continue free resources for eduction..after high school programs to get employment.. and also why in high school.. are jobs like trash man. or elctrician never brought up as an option.. or medical assistant.. not everyone is meant for the four yr prgram.. mybe this doesnt make sense but what the government offers kids isnt much unless mommie and daddy are there to help.. why stop at just high school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• HS is not free, it's funded by tax dollars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think so, but I also think health care should be free. If one program is socialist, then so would be the other!
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 4:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Nice idea but since it's not mandatory education, it's an elective education that sort of means if you want it you have to pay for it. States are having enough problems paying for the services they already offer I doubt if they come up with the cash for that, not to mention professors get higher wages than h.s. teachers. Maybe we can hear from someone from the states that do offer free higher education. I do like your idea though

Answer by admckenzie at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• There are several grants, scholarships, and loans available for technical programs, associate degrees, Bachelor's degrees, and even Master's degrees. If someone chooses not to take advantage of that then it is their own fault, not the governments.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree, it sounds great in theory. Unfortunately someone would figure out a way to tax the shit out of it, and if you didn't go to college (for whatever reason) then you'd be SOL.

But I totally agree, it's not fair that some idiots get to go to college because their rich parents are paying for it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i think everyone should be a govy employee and all our earnings go to the govy for the greater good and then they give us whatever they think we need.

Would that work for you?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I like the idea of it we pay taxes for it anyway, like high school.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think if CC was free then it wouldnt be so good- it would become regulated & dumbed down & teachers probley would not get paid as much..

I think if Public School was a little less free (tax dollars connected to child) and the public school were in competition with each other our kids would be getting alot better education!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• op here....and if education is so important.. and lets face it the better education the more resources.. the better the eco bc of better jobs.. and yes more taxes.. but this would actually be doing something postive...to stimulate the younger a little behind or lack of funds.. graduate.
    some kids are just not ready to be thrown into the real world at 18..
    hold a full time job and go to school. i remember asking my high school counsler if there was continution high school..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• in OKC there are some bad schools with very low graduation rates. so the local community college made a deal w/ the city. if you graduate high school from a handful of these high schools you automatically get a free ride to the community college for 2 years. im sure there are a few more guidelines like GPA, but its still better than nothing.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009