What do you think?

So my dh and i have been fighting alot about everything. Well evey once in awhile we like to wrestle around( im use to this cause i grew up wrestling with my brother and cousins) well last night we were playing around and im short 5'4" and my dh is 6'3" so it's hard 4 me to get a hit in. He kept smacking me in my face so when i got the chance i got him back as hard as he got me well this made him super angry and he kicked me as hard as he could so i shoved him as he walked away and he threw me across the room. And i know what your going to say get counsling i would love to but my husband will not he said so. He is in the military and about to leave 4 iraq for 6mo what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Stop rough housing with your husband! Act your age!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No i wouldn't say get counseling, I would say get the hell out of there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• LESSON LEARNED HERE DO NOT WRESTLE WITH ANYONE WHO IS 6'3, I THINK THAT YOU ARE BOTH STRESSED OUT OVER HIS LEAVING, MAKE UP BEFORE HE GOES.

Answer by older at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Next time head straight for the nuts.Then kick him while he is down. He will think long and hard before taking it that far next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree with - cut the crap out. Horsing around always leads to someone getting hurt....omg I sound like my grandmother! My SO is military and they are trained to kill...what are you thinking? I'd never (even in fun) hit the man. They react. You can't report him bc you were just as much at fault so learn from the lesson and stop doing that.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i dont think tht was right at all him kicking you like that and him throwing you.. it sounds like he may have some anger issues and he CAN be abusive... i know you may want to deny that but it may be the truth and you may need to what is right for your life.
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 4:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• One- get out of that relationship it sounds like he has problems that need to be addressed.

Two- if your not going to leave-make the apt anyways for counseling (and actually go). Tell him your going to try to strengthen your relationship and he has an open invite to join you. My fiance got so curious after about 3 sessions and trust me, our relationship is much stronger, open and turned around because of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• there's nothing wrong with rough housing with your dh every now and then. Dh and I wrestle sometimes it doesn't make us little ass immature kids(tthose who told op to act her age). It's just fun to do sometimes. Face is off limits though and if one of us hit the other accidently then we laugh about it and just stop. I don't think it was right for your dh to go off and just do you like that though. He may be really stressed out and just got mad but still no excuses for what he did. talk to him and maybe no more rough housing til he can control his anger a lil bit better and know that when ya'll is wrestling it's jus play not for reals.
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• oh my gosh that is why i tell my kids not to horse around. someone gets hurt. i thought adults knew this.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Me and hubby rough house all the time..I'm 21 and he's 24...yes we are kids at heart and thats what makes us so close..but I agree with almost everyone..he might be stressed about deploying..try and talk to him before he leaves and get stuff worked out.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009