My husband likes to hang out in the house in his boxers/underwear. I find this rude and tell him to please stop, but he won't. What am I suppose to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• This is why I'm all for living together before marriage...lol. There are some things you won't learn about someone until you move in with them. If he's been doing it since before you married, it's not likely to stop anytime soon. Turn up the a/c so he's so cold he has to put on more clothes??
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• my husband does the same thing. it doesn't bother me so much now, but it will have to stop before my baby gets too old. You could throw away all his underwear. (or hide them really well for awhile) if he buys some more, steal them and tell him he will get them back when he wears clothes in the house.
    noellesmama

Answer by noellesmama at 10:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You are not alone!!! This is a huge pet peeve with me. We have made a compromise...he wears boxers and I keep my mouth shut. It works for us cause I buy him cute "shorts" and they look like clothing. Hope you can find some happy medium too. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My Dh does the same thing and it drives me CRAZY....this might be TMI but his 'sack' hangs out of the bottom and my DD walks by and says 'eggs' to his you know whats.....ugh, drives me crazy and makes me sick. I honestly do not know what to tell you! Maybe suggest for him to wear some short in addition to the boxers...I really dunno. Good luck to you though!
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I guess it depends on how he looks.....beckham or bundy(al)I'd just tell him it was a real turn off if he looks like bundy and if he looked like beckham......I'll need you address so i can peep in the windows LOL!!!
    Anonymous

• Don't be so hard on him....I have 2 brothers, 2 sons and have a fiance....they ALL walk around in their undies.....I think it just helps them not to feel so constricted!!! Question, do you walk around in your pj's? I'm sure you do---well that's probably how he feels!! LOL
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 11:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• What is wrong with him walking around in his boxers/undies? I would take my husband in the bedroom if he would. LOL! Maybe he is throwing you some hints.
    WisconsinDiva10

Answer by WisconsinDiva10 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I don't see anything wrong with it if he's doing it in his own house. Now when the kids get older I would ask him to stop.
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 12:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• whats wrong with it?? men do it all the time. lol.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• People need to get more comfortable with there bodies. I don't see anything wrong with it. Though if he can't see your point of view. Start striping down to your underwear when you get home everyday and see if he thinks it is a good idea. If it backfires atleast you can have alittle fun. As long as the kids know this is something that happens at home who cares.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2008