For those who have girls-

DH and I are thinking about TTC and I really want a little girl (although I would be super happy with either), and I keep hearing things that you are supposed to do to try to concieve a girl vs. boy. I.E. you are supposed to have sex like up to 2-3 before you ovulate to increase your chances for a girl, etc.

I was just wondering if any of you mommies did that, or if you tried something else for a girl!

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i just had sex.. i was not trying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I also just had sex, lol. But I have heard what you are saying...sex a few days before ovulation gives better chances at a girl...good luck!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• the reasoning is that female sperm can survive in the body longer than male. So if you have sex at a point before ovulation where most of the males will have died off and mainly female remain, there's a good chance you'll have a female. But you may not get pegnant as soon as timing can be difficult and if you have sex again between then and ovulation that can affect it, etc. I'd say just keep trying and enjoying having a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• BOYS ARE AWESOME from experience but a girl would be great too...someday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• We weren't trying for a particular sex but I remember the day I concieved her and it was really early in my ovulation cycle.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well... For my three kids, with the girls we had sex doggy style and for the boy it was missionary position.

It wasn't planned, but I know for sure which times got me pregnant so.... I know it's old wives tales and whatnot, but it has worked for me LOL
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have heard all that too. But I never really tried for a particular sex, I just ended up with all girls. I love it though, I wouldn't know what to do with a boy.
    DanosGirl

Answer by DanosGirl at 3:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009