I feel so lost sometimes..i don't know what to do :(

I joined this website because I'm a stay at home mom and a young mom at that. Not alot of my friends have kids so I don't have a lot of people I can relate too. I'm 22. I got married at 19. I have to wonderful kids. A 2 year old and a 1 year old. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy. I havent figured out how to raise them. It gets so hard and frustrating sometimes.I get so angry and then feel bad. Sometimes I feel like things have to be perfect and I'm a bad mom and wife if they are not. My husband and family try to make me feel better but I figured if I could find moms that think like me I could take advice better.

sassymama0708

Asked by sassymama0708 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know how you feel. I'm a 23yr old mother and work full time as well. I get tired at times too...I just tell myself I have to have patience. Things get so overwhemling at times and we just dont know how to cope...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Totally know what you are going thru! I am 33 and really didn't want kids in the first place, now I have a son who will be 4 in Dec. and my daughter is 2. I think you really have to take each day as it comes. I also had a hard time with my clinical depression. Are you depressed? My medication really made a difference in how I viewed my life and how I raised my kids. Do you take time for yourself? You HAVE to do that to stay sane. Especially if you are a stay at home mom. I think the worst for me is the guilt I feel after I have flown off the handle for something and yelled at my kids. I know that it's not their fault but I still take it out on them. My son has gotten into the habit of asking me if I'm happy, like daily. Breaks my heart everytime.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Its ok mommy. I waited til I was 29 before having my son and its not at ALL what I expected. Its a million times harder than I ever could have imagined. I lost my patience plenty already and I feel guilty each time but just try to learn from each time, realize NO ONE is perfect! that's impossible to live up to!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009