What is the most extreme diet you have ever heard of?

I was shocked to find that some people actually use the "Master Cleanse" (now also called the "Lemonade Diet") as a long-term, weight-loss method. It requires that you consume nothing but water and a lemonade mixture made of lemons, maple syrup, purified water, and sometimes also cayenne pepper. It is only supposed to be practiced as a three-day cleanse (I have used it as directed and felt much better for it), but some women (and men too I am sure) have been known to use it for up to a month or longer!

What is the most extreme weight loss plan you have ever heard of?

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I heard of that diet and heard of the all liquid diet...You drink and eat nothing for 10 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I heard that diet cleans out your system...
    Anonymous

• There is one advertised in England and Ireland, exclusively for obese people - you do not have 1 solid meal for 2 years straight. Just liquid. Ridiculous.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• diet pills, you see there advertising and like a year or two later they figure out that they are bad for you in someway
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Those diet cleanses that are for a month or so. That's crazy crazy. I was watching E or some Entertainment show and it was talking about how some celebrity does this liquid diet cleanse for 20 days or a month a couple times a year. WOW... No wonder some celebrities look so emaciated!
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Eternalchild, did your butt hurt the three days you did that diet? It sounds like it may burn on the way out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Um, no Anon at 4:22, it did not. Actually, the Master Cleanse has never increased my bowel activity. It did cause me to urinate much more often, but that is to be expected when one's diet consists of only water and lemonade. By the second day, the bathroom smelled like super-sweet lemonade every time I used the toilet, which was a bit unsettling.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2009