My 1 year old still not sleeping thru the night?

My Daughter just turned one, and she still gets up in the middle of the night for a bottle. Sometimes she just gets up, and I comfort her and dont give her the bottle to quickly. After that she still gets up, and by then i am so tired i bring her into bed with me.

What should I do? The Doc says to make her quit cold turkey, also is it a bad habit to be bringing her into bed with me? bc now I feel thats they only way she sleeps, well at least for a few hours. The most in strecthes I have had her sleep is 4 to 5 hrs then she is up..sometimes 3..im very tired, frustrated and just need some direction.

Also if she gets up she does not know how to go back to sleep, do u think she may have a sleeping disorder??

pls help, any suggestions would be great

brownie75

Asked by brownie75 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd just now started sleeping all night & she's 3
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• She's NORMAL. If she sleeps five hours, that IS through the night. Eight hours is something that is achieved later...if at all! (I've never slept eight straight in my life unless seriously ill.)

Putting themselves back to sleep is something they all learn to do. Pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. You can also google her name for her website.

But relax. Baby is normal. NOTHING you're doing is wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I read Healthy sleep habits by Marc Weissbluth and it totally changed the way we do things! It was a little rocky at first but now my one year old sleeps from 6pm to 7 am! I swear I was so desperate to sleep thru the night I was going crazy and this booked turned it all around.
    RyaMamaRN

Answer by RyaMamaRN at 4:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2009