Milk Question

My DD just turned 1 and her doctor told me to start her on milk since I'm going to be starting a full time job in 2 weeks and I want to wean her from breastfeeding. Well, I forgot to ask, do I need to warm the milk up or give it to her cold?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 5:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if she'll take it cold give it to her that way
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think I gave it to my son cold, it's been awhile can't remeber LOL
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• just depends on the kid
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 5:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I warm it up at first and test it out on my wrist so its not super hot and burns their mouth. Then after a few months I go to cold milk durning the day and hot at night. Warm milk is good to getting ppl exspecially kids to sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'd go directly to cold if the child will take it. Makes things easier for you. Warm if only if you need to.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i tried giving cold milk, never worked, still doesn't. breastfed my daughter until she was 14 months, started weaning at 11 months. i guess she liked the warm milk because it was like temperature of mommy's milk.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• We went right to cold :) But I think its going to depend on how she'll take it. Try cold first, because its easier.. if she won't take it, try warming it up.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009