Can I put the crib bumper up?

My 5 mos. old rolls all around in her crib and gets her legs/arms stuck in the crib slats all the time. I've read not to put up a crib bumper until they're 6 mos. because of SIDS. The bumper I have is very thick. Should I just put it up?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 5:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've had mine up since she started sleeping in her crib at 2 months she'll be 5 months old this month and she's fine
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 5:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yes, crib bumpers are fine i don't see the big deal, just make sure they're tied on tight. i see them on TLCs a baby story everyday for infants
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have a breathable bumper on my baby's crib. It works great and I don't have to worry about her suffocating! Peace of mind for only $20!

Here's the link, if you're interested: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8154350
    Lauren0209

Answer by Lauren0209 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• if u baby moves to much use those wedge thing and ya its fine i used mine when my baby was little
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 5:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have the same problem. Im going to put my bumper up. I tried the wedge positioners but she just wiggles either out of it, or turns still in it.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009