How should I feel being in the same room as my ex (my first love), my childhood best friend ( a guy), and my HUSBAND? maybe tmi

My cousin is getting married and when I was shown the invitation list by a relative I noticed that my ex (my first love) is going to be invited, he is also a good friend of my cousin. Also my childhood best friend who I havn't seen in years and would love to talk to. As for my ex, we ended things amicably and though we havn't seen/talked to each other in a few years, I feel awkward that I will be in the same room with him as I will be with my husband. I know he will want to come over and introduce himself, should I tell my husband we had a previous relationship (beforehand) or simply as a friend that me and my cousin have in common? As for my best friend that's a guy, I would love to catch up with him but don't feel it would be appropriate in front of my husband. I am thinking of not talking to either of them. WHAT TO DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• my "first love" still comes to visit out church sometimes usually on easter & it's akward being there with my husband but my ex has enough respect for dh not to start anything, but i soooo want to talk to him sometimes... we kina have conversations with our eyes lol if you know what i mean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think its ok to talk to them but low key. And only do it when Hubby is around so he and you won't feel so weird about it. But plz talk to your hasband first about it before you do anything. If he thinks its ok then go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would tell your hubby about both of them, that way you can catch up with and old friend, and if your ex comes up and tries to introduce himself you hubby wont' feel awkward

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would tell him they are invited and ask him how he feels about you talking to them. I'd just say they were male friends from my past. No reason to go into details.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Stop making drama and be cordial, like a lady should. It is very simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009