small blisters on the feet not caused by shoes so what could it be?

my daughter has small blisters on her anlkes and the top of her feet she hasnt been wearing shoes today and i popped one of them this morning and it came back she has already had the chicken pox. She has some old insect bites on her feet but what could cause this, any suggestions.

abbibaileylily

Asked by abbibaileylily at 5:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Possibly Hand Foot & Mouth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would take her to a doctor. My niece gets a type of viral infection and it'sonly on her feet and lower legs. They look alot like blisters, and are VERY painful to her... I read somewhere that letting them run around barefoot (my DS plays in the backyard barefoot everyday almost) they are more exposed to infections...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 5:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Check the inside of her mouth and her tongue. Does she have blisters there? Stop popping them ASAP. It sounds like HFM and it is highly contagious!!!!

You can take her to the doctor but if it is HFM there is nothing they can give her. Is she running a fever? My daughter had this awhile back and her temp was 102-103 for a few days.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Its impetigo, a viral infection on her feet my son gets this when hes been outside barefoot!!! Take her to the doctor they will give you a really strong antibitic cream and do not pop the blisters its very contagious and make sure you washe her hands and yours after you touch her feet
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 5:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree , stop popping them you are only causing her more pain. Take her to the doctor for treatment.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009