• In the Spotlight:

What effect does smoking pot have on pregnancy

besides releving my morning sickness completely and letting me eat. I havent heard any facts that smoking pot is bad for pregnancy so i want to hear from moms who have smoked during either their first trimester or whole pregnancy. Did it cause any complications and is your baby healthy now?
please dont answer just to tell me smoking is bad unless you have done it while pregnant and have a legit answer for me. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i did it throught out my pregnancy
    mom_of2angels13

Answer by mom_of2angels13 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No. Smoking marijuana during pregnancy may affect your baby's growth and the development of his nervous system. Studies have shown that children who were exposed to marijuana during pregnancy sometimes have problems focusing their attention and solving problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• One study even found that young children whose mothers smoked marijuana during pregnancy had a higher risk of leukemia than those whose mothers did not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• its still carbon monoxide and still affects the blood oxygen levels.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I SMOKED MARIJUANA WHILE I WAS PREGNANT BUT NOT BECAUSE I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT MY BABY,BUT BECAUSE I HAD TO BECAUSE I HAD HORRIBLE MORNING SICKNESS THROUGHOUT MY PREGNANCY AND WEED WAS THE ONLY CURE FOR IT.THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF MY PREGNANCY I WAS JUST SUPER TIRED AND I COULDN'T SMOKE AT ALL BECAUSE ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS REST,BUT AT ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND ALL THE WAY UP TO THE BIRTH OF MY SON, I WAS ALWAYS SICK.I SUFFERED FROM THROWING UP, NOT BEING ABLE TO DIGEST ANY FOOD AND EVERYTHING ELSE ASSOCIATED W/ MORNING SICKNESS & THE ONLY THING THAT RELIEVED ME FROM IT WAS IF I SMOKED A LITTLE WEED.THE MEDICINE THAT THE DOCTOR GAVE TO ME JUST WASN'T WORKING AND IF IT HAD I WOULDN'T HAVE SMOKED WEED BUT I GENUINELY NEEDED IT IN ORDER TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE REST OF MY PREGNANCY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I didn't do it pregnant, but when they test your baby when she's born and she tests positive for any drug they will take your baby away... and any smoking causes low-birth weight... premature babies and can cause your baby to develop allergies, asthma, and a higher risk for SIDS
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 5:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my neighbors smoke pot constantly. They want a baby but everytime she gets pregnant she looses it. I think its the pot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• For momof2angels13 how are your kids now?
    Anonymous

• I personally would say if you dont want to quit then you dont have to but make sure you know where it is from, make sure you trust your dealer ,and dont over do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i've never heard of drug testing babies, two of my friends had babies in the last month and they both smoked pot everyday, no one took their baby away.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009