Has anyone lost a parent before their kids were born. How have you delt with this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, I lost both of mine, my mother died my senior year of high school and my father when my oldest was 16 mos. old I have 3 kids. It doesn't really bother me to much because there is nothing that you can do about it. I often share stories about my mom and dad with my children and show them pictures. Sometimes I look at my children and think that my parents would have really enjoyed them.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 5:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OH YES, THIS HURT A LOT, BUT I HAVE DEALT WITH IT THIS WAY: MY FATHER DIED BEFORE MY SON WAS BORN, MY DAUGHTERS GOT TO MEET HIM AND ENJOY THEIR GRANDFATHER TO THE HILT, BUT MY SON MISSED OUT. I HAVE MADE IT A POINT TO KEEP HIS MEMORY ALIVE FOR HIM, TOLD HIM STORIES, SHOWED HIM PICTURES, AND TOLD HIM HOW MUCH HE WOULD HAVE WANTED TO MEET HIM.

Answer by older at 5:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my grandpa was at my baby shower.... he got to rub my tummy and talk to the baby a little.... SO sad. He died about 5 weeks before my son Blake was born. We gave him his middle name. When I was 36 weeks along with my daughter my Mother had a staph infection and was in the I.C.U.... luckily she made if but did miss the birth, even though it was in the same hospital!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009