40 weeks

i will be 40 weeks in 2 days i have a doctor appt tomorrow. i am so uncomfortable, headaches, nausea.. just ready for the baby to come out. i was 2 cm dialated last week and doc said baby was sitting really low on my pelvis. i thought maybe i would go before my next appt but no. one of the doctors said they will wait 2 weeks after due date to induce and another one i saw said only 5 days.. is there anything i can say to persuade him to induce me? anyone else done that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would just let him know your feelings and dont sugar coat it just let them know that you are ready. Also at my ob and the hospital is if you are 4 centimeters dialated then they have to induce.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 5:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Don't induce unless the baby is restricted in growth. Induced labors are harder, and if your cervix isn't favorable, it can lead to a number of interventions like Pit that increase your risk of an emergency c-section.

You can have him strip your membranes, and you can go for lots of walks and have sex if DH is up for it! The baby will come soon enough :-)
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• YOU might be ready, but your baby might not be. Estimated due dates can be off and you want to be sure your baby has had enough time to develop lung maturity and put on enough fat.

Do NOT induce without medical necessity. Induced labors are harder, often require a lot of interventions that may lead to surgery (which goes without saying will make you even more uncomfortable than you are now). You are likely to go soon. If this is your first, it is quite normal to go 41 weeks.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i know it's so frustrating to hear but it's best to wait until baby is ready unless baby is in trouble in there. inductions pose risks that should weighed against the risks of baby staying inside the belly. i hope you go into labor soon. and i'm sure you will within 2 weeks! GL!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009